This week, we had more questions on book marketing.
Implement the tips I gave you in this blog post, New Author: Five Easy Ways to Promote Your Book | Write a Book: Just Write A Book Blog:
“Offer the First Chapter Free
Amazon does this because it works. If youâ€™re publishing your book on the Kindle book store or on Amazon, Amazon will offer a free chapter of your book. If youâ€™ve written a very short book, the freebie will be around 10% of your book.
Whether or not your readers find your book on Amazon depends on how clever you are with metadata. The metadata is your bookâ€™s title, its category, its tags and its description. Creating the right metadata is vital. Look on it as advertising for your book.”
Here are some additional ideas…
* Market your books in ways you enjoy — if marketing isn’t fun for you, you’ll stop doing it;
* Consider marketing with book clubs;
* Blog your book;
* Use Google+ to network;
* Give away free copiesâ€¦ butâ€¦ (pay attention to the “but”).
Book marketing isn’t a big deal. You just have to do it.
Choose any form of marketing you like, but DO IT
Marketing your books isn’t hard. All you need to do, is do it.
Here’s a big tip. Clever authors always have a PLAN. I talk about plans for getting writing jobs here, but the principle of planning is always the same. What matters isn’t what’s on your plan, or even whether or not your plan is likely to be successful — you just need a plan, any plan at all.
The plan gets you moving. Then you get feedback. Then you adjust your plan.
Create a plan. Choose three easy ways to promote your books. Then follow that plan.
Latest posts by Angela Booth (see all)
- You’re An Author: 4 Ways To Get More Out Of Your Book - July 22, 2017
- Writing A Book? Create A Writing Habit With These 3 Tips - July 20, 2017
- Ebook Publishing Horror: Downward Trend In Amazon KDP Select - July 17, 2017