Many writers write their book, and then start to sell it. This is going about the process the wrong way.
The time to start selling your book is as you write it. This applies whether you’re writing a book for a traditional publisher, or you’re self-publishing an ebook or hardcover book.
In the article Fast ebooks â€” you can do it too â€” Angela Booth’s Fab Freelance Writing Blog I reported on the process I’m following for a new ebook I’m writing:
“1. I bought a domain name as soon as I got the idea;
2. I transferred the DNS to my Web host, and set up a â€˜coming soonâ€™ index page, with an article on the topic of the ebook. This is so the site gets indexed; I want it to be indexed before the ebookâ€™s ready;
3. Iâ€™ve started creating graphics for the site and ebook. Yes, I could outsource the graphics. However, I enjoy doing it, and my graphics guy disappointed me with unusable graphics the last time I outsourced, so thereâ€™s less hassle in doing it myself. And, as I create the graphics, I can feel my enthusiasm buildingâ€¦;
4. I outlined the ebook in ten minutes. Iâ€™ve been writing articles on the topic so I already know what I want to say;”
If you want your book to sell, and sell well, you must start selling it… as you write it.
So if you’re currently writing a book, and haven’t thought about how you’ll sell it (you’ll need to sell it, even if you’re going the traditional publishing route) start today.
Write It Once And Sell It Forever
Get A Constant Flow Of Cash By Writing And Selling Ebooks… It’s Much, Much Easier Than You Think
Ebooks are BIG online. Most ebooks contain from five to 100 pages, and sell anywhere from $10 to $100 dollars, and over, depending on the information. Clever writers are realizing that there’s gold in ebooks, and that they’re well-placed to mine that gold…
Discover how you can self-publish online, and make a great income, writing and selling ebooks with “Write and Sell an eBook: Every Writer’s Quick-Action Guide To Writing Ebooks”..
Latest posts by Angela Booth (see all)
- Writing Fiction: Stop “Writing”, Create Experiences - October 9, 2018
- Writing Fiction: How Much Dialogue? - September 28, 2018
- Writing Fiction: 3 Easy Tips For Subplots - September 9, 2018