You’re considering writing nonfiction ebooks for the Kindle. We discussed that in Kindle publishing, you can write something once, and sell it forever. Experienced writers always have stacks of material on their hard drive which they can use to write many nonfiction ebooks, quickly.
But what if you’re a new writer? You don’t have a stash of material you can publish. You’d love to self-publish, so how do you get started?
Writing Nonfiction Ebooks: Easy Ideas
Getting started is easy. Let’s look at the easiest way you can develop ideas: just focus on your readers. Your readers are all-important. Focus on them, and you’ll make sales.
Here’s a fast way to brainstorm ideas by focusing on readers.
- Choose a topic.
- Is your reader new to the topic? Write introductions to your topic. What challenges will this reader experience? Examine pitfalls.
- Is your reader experienced in the topic? What could he do more quickly and less expensively? Share insider secrets.
Brainstorm Ideas for Each Group of Readers
Let’s say you chose the topic: healthy cooking for non-cooks. You selected the topic because it speaks to your life experience. You have two young children and a busy life. You know that nutrition is all-important, and the easiest way to make sure that your family’s eating well is to cook yourself.
To get started, you divide your readers into several groups:
- Readers completely new to cooking — they have no experience in shopping and cooking at all;
- Readers who have some experience in cooking, but no experience in healthy cooking;
- Readers who want to cook healthy food for children;
- Readers who need to lose weight and want to learn to cook healthy meals which will help them to slim down.
Once you’ve segmented your readers in this way, it’s easy to write ebooks which will appeal to your audience. The more you can target a specific group of readers, the more easy your ebooks will be to write… and the more copies of each ebook you’ll sell.
Vital Tip: Don’t Brainstorm in Your Head, Write It Down
Writing always begets writing. Once you’ve found a topic, you’ll be amazed at how quickly you can brainstorm ideas. Just write everything down. 🙂
Ebook Dominance: sell more copies of your ebooks, every day
Discover the marketing secrets of bestselling authors — you can market in minutes, from the comfort of your sofa…
How would you feel if your sales doubled, then tripled — and then YOU hit the Kindle hot sellers’ lists?
Ebook Dominance helps you to turbocharge your marketing, and sell more ebooks today.
Earn while you learn, with Angela’s Writing Classes.
NEW: if you enjoy this blog, and want to keep it going, you can now tip me if you wish. Just go to paypal.me/angelabooth — thank you. 🙂
Latest posts by Angela Booth (see all)
- Editing Your Book? You May Not Believe It, But Apps Can Help - April 14, 2019
- Writing Short Stories For Fun and Profit: How Fast Can You Write? - April 13, 2019
- Writing A Novel? 3 Easy Tips To Make It Fun - April 4, 2019