There’s money in self-publishing, according to Simon & Schuster.
Check out this NYT article, Simon & Schuster Introduces Self-Publishing Service – NYTimes.com. S&S is teaming up with Author Solutions, to form a new self-publishing house, Archway Publishing. Here are the self-publishing fees:
“Authors can buy packages ranging from $1,599, for the least expensive childrenâ€™s package, to $24,999, for the most expensive business book package.”
Surprised? Shocked? Rolling on the floor laughing?
Archway Publishing offers lots of “services” too.
* THE TRIFECTA REVIEW SERVICE: $3,249
* AUTHOR WEBSITE SETUP – PREMIERE: $950
* PRESS RELEASE – WEB-OPTIMIZED EDITION: $1,299.00
Sighâ€¦ What’s sad about this “self-publishing” deal is that some new authors will pay it. They’ll expect a lot, because Archway Publishing’s logo says: “from Simon & Schuster.”
Latest posts by Angela Booth (see all)
- Book Marketing: 3 Tips To Boost Sales Of Your Backlist - June 9, 2019
- Write Fiction: 3 Tips To Make Assembling Your Novel’s Cast Easy - May 28, 2019
- Writing Process: 3 Ways To Streamline Your Process And Sell More - May 9, 2019