Self-publishing is much more accepted and these days, much more sensible.
* You get your book out faster, and can start earning immediately (no more waiting for royalty statements, hurrah!)
* You’ll probably make more money, if you’re a little smart about what you’re doing.
As this writer says, in Midlist Becomes the E-List – A Writer’s Life:
“It’s no wonder that more and more midlist authors like me are opting to self-publish — which can be far more lucrative, and far less risky, that a publishing contract, especially if you can get back the rights to your backlist.”
Tip: Build Your Platform as You Write
As I said in this post, it’s essential to build your platform as you write: “Nowadays, youâ€™re expected to have a platform, before you approach a publisher. Therefore, in addition to writing a book, youâ€™ve got to build a your platformâ€¦”
Building your platform is even more vital if you’re self-publishing. Ideally, you’ll have a flock of eager readers waiting for your self-published book to launch.
The easiest way to build your platform is to start creating a blog to give readers a taste of your offering. Yes, now, today. 🙂
With a platform, you’ll have money coming in, and you chart your own destiny as an author… what’s not to like?
Latest posts by Angela Booth (see all)
- Writing Process: 3 Ways To Streamline Your Process And Sell More - May 9, 2019
- Get Motivated: 3 Powerful Tips To Finish Your Book - May 2, 2019
- Fiction Writing Tips For Beginners: Discover Your Plot - April 24, 2019